So last week I was very slack and only managed a doodle for the spider challenge. I promise this week I will try harder. The topic is "Smile". So all you need to do is create /write /document /photograph something that will make the readers smile. Either put it on your blog and put a link in the comments in this post or send it to me via the etsy mail to user name Skully and I will post it up here on this blog for you. It's all just for fun, so join in if you feel able.
For starters I'd like to share a recipe with you that should, once made and eaten, make you smile a lot.
1 lb (450g) Good dark chocolate.
6 fl oz (175ml) Double cream.
1 oz (28.35g) Ground almonds.
1 oz (28.35g) Cocoa powder.
Small amount of flavourings of your choice. eg 2 tablespoons of rum/brandy or 3-4 drops of vanilla /lemon/orange flavouring.
1. Break chocolate into small pieces.
2. Gently heat Dbl Cream in a saucepan until it begins to come to the boil. (DO NOT BOIL)
3. Remove pan from the heat and stir in chocolate pieces until melted and smooth.
4. Now its time to flavour the mix. Split the mix into smaller amounts and flavour. Examples of flavourings, vanilla, rum, brandy, lemon, orange, mint, chopped nuts. Don't over do it when you add the flavour especially with the citrus as they can cause the mix to curdle.
5. Add the ground almonds and stir in.
6. chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
7. remove from the fridge and using a teaspoon scoop out a small amount of the mix. Dust your palms with the cocoa powder and roll the truffle into a ball. place in a paper truffle case or onto a tray.
8. Decorate the tops of the truffles with curls of chocolate , chopped nuts or citrus zest.
9. Store the truffles in the refrigerator and eat within 7 days.
If they last 7 days you and yours must have more will power than me and mine :)
Parallaxphotography has added a beautiful picture to her blog that defiantly made me smile as did Debs, such a pretty smile! High Desert Diva has written a great blog entry for the smile challenge. MissFire has also added some really lovely photos to her blog today that made me smile a lot. Thank you for joining in!
3 days ago