11 Nov 2008

Folksy, the new kid on the block.

Folksy is a new on-line venue to sell your handmade good. So far it is limited to UK sellers but once they have ironed out the teething problems that all new sites have, I believe it will allow sellers from around the world to join and sell. I've signed up and opened my Pirate Pixie Crew shop to try out the site and see how it grows. I'm hoping that it will end up a long and fruitful arrangement for both me and Folksy. There are already a number of sellers signed up and filling their shops full of gorgeous handmade goodies, so I thought I'd share some with you.

This beautiful sterling silver, citrine and carnelian ring had been made by Ali Bali Jewellery. Her shop is chock full of so many pretty items it was hard to choose which to feature. If you are base in Edinburgh you can see this ladies work in person at many craft fairs in the coming weeks. Check her profile to see where.

Cloud Hopping's shop is very stylish. Working mainly in fabric and yarn, Lin has created a variety of goods that have perfect shapes, textures and colour combinations. This brooch caught my eye because of it's simplicity and perfect combination of textures. Lin obviously has a passion for fibre!

This little cutie super model has a smile that makes your heart melt and she is wearing a pretty top made by Kitschy Coo with grinning skulls that also made me smile. This shop stock is made up of handmade high quality young children's clothing and booties. There are so many colourful items in this shop it's well worth a look!

Linen and Roses is a shop filled with homewares and gifts. These pretty hearts are advertised Christmas decorations but I think they would look lovely hanging all year around on a country kitchen cupboard door handle. All the goods are made by Fiona and she has a very distinctive rustic look to her high quality work. Perfect items to dot around you house to make it feel more homely.

Annica Jewellery made this stunning piece. As this close up shot shows this bracelet is made of Turquoise and sterling silver beads. Turquoise is such a beautiful stone. The celebrity, Libbi Gorr has worn Annica's creations. Annica has also worked with The National Gallery of Australian to create a range of jewellery to compliment one of their exhibitions. Take a look and see her work.

Go along and check out these sellers and the rest of the Folksy site. You're sure to find something you'd love to own and you will be able to buy knowing that each piece you do will be lovingly hand made.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my items and shop and writing such nice things about my products! Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that there are more online handmade selling venues opening up!

    I absolutely love that turqoise and sterling bracelet. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving Folksy, it's so nice to not have to think in dollars (my humble apologies to my lovely American friends, I hope you can understand where I'm coming from!)

    www.niftyknits.folksy.com

    ReplyDelete

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP