4 Jul 2009

Handmade Supplies

All of us crafters need supplies. Without them we have nothing to be crafty with. I love to find new handmade suppliers to purchase goods from. Mostly I buy hand dyed and spun yarn, but I also use handmade buttons and beads in my work. After a quick search on Artfire and Coriandr I found some beautiful handmade supplies.

I'm loving this fabric designed by Morag Lloyds. The seaside theme and colours are gorgeous. I can imagine this fabric made into a summer skirt for a little girl or a pair of beach shorts to wear when playing in the sand.

There were so many hand spun yarns I could have chosen to share with you, but this one from Marikio just caught my eye this morning. Such pretty colours and I love thick/thin yarns because when they knit up they give such great texture to the piece.

Llynfi is selling natural organic dye for you to dye your own fabric or yarn with. These dyes give such beautiful subtle shades and with a little experimenting and the use of different mordants you can get yourself a whole range of stunning colours.

These beautiful spotty beads from Wild Sage Lampwork just made me think of giraffes when I saw them and I knew I had to share them with you on the blog. There are so many things you could do with these fantastic focal beads. Let your imagination run wild.

Red Robin Designs buttons are adorable! Based on viola and pansy flowers they are just stunning. I'm picturing a pretty floral pinafore dress with 2 of these buttons used to hold the straps in place. Fantastic work!

Written by Lynne of Pirate Pixie Crew and Hyperloop Hoops

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP