9 Apr 2009

Charming Chainmaille

Where did the sunshine go? I woke up this morning to dark grey skies and drizzle. So to cheer my day up I logged onto Artfire to check out new listings and the first item I saw, top of the front page was a beautiful hand crafted chainmaille necklace. It really lifted my spirits to see such an unusual piece...

LeafLee was the creator of that item and this is it. I think it is gorgeous! From it's flattering V shaped lines to the materials used to make it, it is just fabulous. Did you notice yet that it is made from recycled soda can ring pulls?

This lead me to searching for more chainmaille items. Barbs Designs created this rainbow coloured full Persian style bracelet. It's so pretty and just the right for brightening up a grey day like today.

Marion's Dream Works presents these very elegant and stylish Tetra orb chainmaille earrings. They are made from solid silver wire and Capri Blue Swarovski Crystals. They would suit all occasions.

This bracelet from Carol's Creations in some ways reminds me of beautiful serpent skin. The way the chainmaille links are fitted together creates a pattern that echoes the shapes found on the most regal snakes skin.

This very fine detailed sterling and pearl necklace from Red Panda shows so perfectly that chainmaille isn't all just about big bold chunky pieces. They can be delicate chic looking pieces like this. Utterly stunning!

Chainmaille comes in many shapes and sizes and after checking out what was on offer for sale at Artfire this morning I think there really is something there for everyone, from those that want a large statement piece to wear through to someone that wants something simple and elegant. There are items for men, women and children. Chainmaille is so versatile and as you can see from the above items the masters of the craft can create the most gorgeous jewellery with it. It has really lifted my day writing this article. Thank you all you chainmaille artisans.

5 comments:

  1. Its a grey day here too. Grr! That first necklace is amazing. You don't notice the ring-pulls, its so beautiful and the coloured bracelet underneath? Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice piece's I particularly like the tetra orb earrings.
    Andrew
    Chainmaille By MBOI
    http://chainmaillebymboi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful chainmaille pieces! Thank you for including my earrings in your feature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the orb earrings... Thanks for adding my bracelet!

    ReplyDelete

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP