15 Apr 2009

Flickr Finds

The Flickr group is going from strength to strength. We have so many talented people posting photos of their work into the pool, I couldn't resist sharing some more of them with you today. If you want to join the group just to chat and make friends with lots of fabulous artisans, you're most welcome and if you are someone making, crafting, painting, photographing, videoing, sewing, weaving... etc and you want to get your work seen by more people join the group and show us what you make.

I can't tell you just how much I adore the work of Sianburys without sounding like a stalker. Her sock monkeys are so perfect! The details are amazing. She takes such care to make each one individual and distinctive. This one is Dr Watson from the Sherlock Holmes stories. Isn't he just delightful!

Jenny Foreman Textiles has posted a few of her lovely chicken paperweights on the group pool. I nearly put the Pink skull and crossbones on the blog but thought I'd pick out this pretty little strawberry one as I'm always picking the pirate influenced items to share. This chicken would be great when doing the weekly paperwork, to stop the paperwork getting all jumbled up.

Ali Bali Jewellery makes such stylish pieces of jewellery. This one caught my eye because of the lovely orange carnelian stones. I'm really not one for busy jewellery and the simplicity of this piece's clasp also appealed to me. This is a very chic piece.

Steam Punk Glass is another person that has added a lot of pieces to our Flickr Group Pool. He seems to be able to capture whole universes inside tiny pieces of glass. They are so stunningly beautiful. I have no idea how he does it and in all honesty I don't want to know. It would spoil the magic. This marble has a nebula inside it.

Creative bag makers always will gain my support. Why? Because the more beautiful fabric bags that get made and used, the less plastic bags will be created and used. See the Wood created this fabulous red leaf shopping bag. It's stylish and washable and if a great reason not to use another plastic bag ever again when doing the groceries shopping. Ditch the plastic and get buying bags from See the Wood and other bag fabric creators.

Flickr is a great site for sharing and the best part is you can use it for free. Come and join us on the group and participate in showing your love of handmade, vintage and recycled goods with us. We'd love to see you there.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including my chicken! You have picked some lovely things so I feel honored to be one of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely surprise this morning to be reading the blog and suddenly seeing one of my bits here! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for including my bag. Its very generous and thoughful of you.

    ReplyDelete

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP