29 Apr 2009

Happy Koninginnedag

Tomorrow is the Queen of the Netherlands Birthday, so to celebrate their national holiday of Koninginnedag I've decided to feature some of the talented Dutch artisans I love the work of. All of these people are happy to post their goods internationally so you can all check out their shops and help them celebrate their national holiday with a sale.

Holland is well know for being a country of bicycle riders and Picture Penelope had snapped this beautifully colourful picture of a bike leaned up against some very yummy looking wall art. Healthy transport and healthy food!

I guess the Queen of the Netherlands will live in a very grand home and will, in all probability, have a few mounted hunting trophies on her walls. Squirrellicious has created an animal loving friendly version of the hunting trophy. As a vegetarian this is the only way I would have a head on my wall.

If you are looking for beautiful lampwork beads and jewellery Oggi is the shop for you. I love lampwork beads. They have a depth to them that makes them very special. Being made of glass gives them a luminous quality that looks different in different lights.

Look me in the eye and tell me you don't think this is the cutest tissue holder you have ever seen. Swiedebie has lots of other cuties in her shop too. I picked this monster tissue case purely because I have a love of monsters and this monster if fantastic!

How could I pass this little kitty by without featuring her. She looks so like our cat, Weapon X, that it would have been a sin to ignore her beauty. Cat Tingles created this gorgeous needle felted cat and bead necklace.

So all you artisans in the Netherlands I hope you have a fabulous day filled with sunshine, birthday cake and dancing as if no one is watching.

Written by Lynne of PiratePixieCrew and Hyperloop Hoops

10 comments:

  1. Thank u for featuring my Scratchy tissue purse, Lynne! :) Eager to tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I need a tissue purse like that! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squirrellicious and Swiedebie are favorites of mine; visiting their shops is a pleasure! I'll have to check out the others. Wishing them lots of sales today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything you posted but that cat necklace is so awesome! I want to see more of that artists work so will be checking out that shop today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for inlcuding my lampwork beads! I also love the other items you highlighted, and I'm very happy to have a blog article dedicated to the Dutch artists!
    Thanks again!

    Ine, from
    www.oggi.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for featuring Jing!!! Wonderful collection of items. I'm proud to be Dutch!!

    ReplyDelete

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP