20 May 2008

The rewards of skip diving!

I had an awesome bit of luck yesterday!

Was walking to buy Skully/ Lynne some chocolate, when I walked past a car park out the back of a carpet shop and managed to spot 3 good sized rolls (off cuts) of a nice red colour carpet.
I went into the shop, asked if I could take it and the man said I was more than welcome to it. Slung the largest roll over my shoulder and walked home.

It didn't take me long to finish fitting it in the van, I think it looks awesome, even if I do say so myself!



My favourite bits are the wheel arch comb-overs!

Later that night Skully/ Lynne's sister picked up the other two rolls in her car and brought them over to us. I'll be putting them up on the walls and ceiling!

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I especially like the wheel arch comb-overs! Good score with the carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea and it looks great..You did a great job and the wheel covers are nice..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to go find this....enjoy!
    http://vintagerescue.typepad.com/vintage_rescue_squad/2008/05/rethink-that-mo.html

    ReplyDelete

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP